The Kangal Shepherd Dog is a breed in Turkey, Sivas. This breed originally served the people of Anatolia and was very curious about knowing Kangal Dog price in India, as they were also breeder in India.
In Turkey, Kangal Dog continuous to be in high demands, and people started buying Kangal Dog from India.
Kangal Dog is a very active and restless breed that also emerge to play. Lets us grab the actual Kangal Dog price in India.
Kangal dog price in India
|AVERAGE PRICE IN INDIA (BASIC)||₹25,000 to ₹50,000|
|BREED NAME||Kangal Dog|
|COMMON COAT COLORS||Dun, Light Golden, Fawn Sable|
|LITTER SIZE||4-7 Puppies (approx.)|
Kangal Dog price in India starts from Rs.25000, which goes up to Rs.50,000 depending upon the Quality, Coats, Color and Finally Health. Kangal Dog may cost you higher in metropolitan cities and other places where people have good purchasing power
The Kangal Dog are a very strong & aggressive dog breed whose price is slightly higher than other common dog breeds, for example:-German shepherd, Labrador, etc. The price of the dog varies from quality to quality, state to state, city to city, blood to blood and breeder to breeder.
Different quality has different prices. The higher the quality more the price. The different qualities include:
- Basic quality
- Show quality
- KCI registered
We recommend that every user of our blog buy Kangal Dog from a good and reputed dog breeder and buy the dog from a reputable and famous shop. Buying from a reputed shop will satisfy you. Good and reputed charge a high price for the dog as they sell good quality of pure dog breed.
We take insurance for our dog to insure or protect our dog from any harm or damages. So the insurance is necessary to avoid greater harm or losses and protect your dog lifetime. The insurance cost of Kangal Dog is Rs.7,000 to Rs.15,000.
In India, there are many Insurance Companies where you can insure your dog:
- PetFirst Healthcare
The food cost of Kangal Dog is Rs.3000 to Rs.8000 per month. The diet of the Kangal Dog is more and expensive as compared to other common dogs (like German shepherd & Labrador). They eat more than other dogs and need a high nutritional food diet to maintain their body health.
The food that you can feed to your Kangal Dog
- Gentle-Giants Natural Dog Food
- Wellness Core Natural Grain-free dry Dog Food
- Nutro-Ultra Large Breed Adult Dog Food
- Eukanuba Puppy Dry Dog Food
- Pedigree Professional Large Breed Puppy Food
- Pedigree Puppy Food Milk and Vegetable
- Pedigree Puppy Chicken and Milk
- Pedigree Gravy Puppy Chicken Chunks
- Royal Canin Giant starter
- Royal Canin Maxi starter
- Chappati with Milk
- Sweet Potato
- White rice
Vaccination is an essential thing in protecting your dog from any infections and diseases. Vaccination helps in fighting against disease, safeguarding your dog, and maintaining your dog’s good health.
It also protects humans from Rabies which is a transmissible disease. So the vaccination is very necessary before feeding a dog. The Vaccination cost of Kangal Dog is Rs.3000 to Rs10,000 per annum.
As a pets Blogger, we recommend the user to take your dog to a certified Veterinary Doctor.
How Can Vaccine Help?
- In maintaining health
- Increases the life-span of the dog
- Helps in fighting unwanted diseases and infections
- Make the dog active
Grooming of a dog means cleaning a dog and maintaining hygienic care daily, including maintaining the skin and hair health of a dog. Kangal Dog is a dog breed that doesn’t have a hairy body. These dog breeds are very easy to groom due to their very small and fewer hairs on the body. It doesn’t require daily grooming, and grooming can be done once a week.
The Grooming Cost of the Kangal Dog is Rs.200 to Rs.500 per month.
- Eye, Ear cleaning
- Nail trimming
- Bathing (my dog’s soap and shampoo)
Benefits of grooming:
- Maintain skin & hair health
- Removes bacteria, germs and dust from the body
- Helps in fighting against infections and diseases
- Makes the dog active or agile
Training is very important/crucial for the Kangal Dog breed, as they are very aggressive and can harm people. If proper training is not provided to Kangal Dog, this can even harm the owner also. So please provide proper training to the dog by hiring a good and experienced trainer.
The training is done to follow the instructions, which mean that dog should follow the instructions and commands of the owner. This could be very unsafe if you leave small children with an untrained Kangal Dog. So keep in mind the training is very necessary for this dog breed.
Benefits of Training:
- The dog will follow the owner’s commands/instructions.
- The dog will become very loyal to the owner
- The dog will protect you from predators
- Through training, the dog becomes very socialize.
Types of Training that you should provide to your Kangal Dog:
- House and Crate Training
- Clicker Training
- Basic Commands
- Proofing Behavior
- Advanced Training
The Average training cost is Rs.3000 to Rs.5000 per month. Generally, the training cost depends upon the trainer (how skilful/professional he or she is).
Registration in India is very compulsory for dogs. So you should register your dog first. It will help in finding your dog when lost somewhere.
The Average Registration cost of the dog is Rs.4000 to Rs.8000.
Almost all the animals love travelling from one place to another, especially dogs who loves travelling a lot. They enjoy a lot while travelling from one place to another.
The Avg. Travelling Cost of the dog is Rs.500 to Rs.2000 per trip.
Kangal dog cost in India
Looking towards the trends of Indian dog, Kangal dog price in India is rising from Rs.25,000, which goes up to Rs.50,000. The price structure depends on the heavy demands of the proposed dog parents in India.
Now, Looking at the factors which affect the Kangal dog price in India is vaccination cost, Demand and supply, grooming cost, Registration cost, Insurance cost and most importantly, Area/ City accordance Kangal dog cost in India.
Factors affecting: Kangal Dog Price in India
- DDemand and Supply: These are the most important factor that influences the price. According to the demand & supply, the price varies.
- Quality and Purity: According to the purity & Quality, the price will vary and charged accordingly.
- Reputed Breeder: This factor influences the price very much, as a reputed breeder will charge a high price for a dog.
Kangal Dog Price List in India
|City||Pet quality (₹)|
The above list is based on the assumption that Kangal dog prices in India depend on the above circumstances. As a pet blogger, we have classified the Kangal dog price in India into various cities and states, which provides a clear picture of the pricing structure.
On the top hand side of the table, we have provided cities and price parameter stating all the essential need of real proposed Kangal dog parents.
Kangal Dog Interesting Facts, History, Appearance & Size
Kangal Dog Interesting Facts
- Kangal Dog is a dangerous dog breed that originated from the country “Germany”.
- The dogs were known in German as Kangal Dog Metzgerhund. The name Kangal Dog comes from the name of the town in Germany named “Kangal Dog”.
- The Romans mainly use them to protect livestock, e.g. Cow, sheep, goat, etc. from a predator.
- Kangal Dog is a muscular, large and very aggressive dog breed in the world.
- They are very active/agile and always remain alert to face strangers.
- They are one of the fearless and Confident Dog Breed ever, and they are the most popular dog breeds in the world.
- They are also used in the Military/Army and police.
- After World War II, the demand for the dog increases and becomes very popular/famous and known as “Excellent Obedience Dogs”.
- These Dogs are ban in several countries like Spain, Italy, Israel, Portuguese, France, etc.
- The bite force of Kangal Dog is 328 pounds, which is very much compared to other dogs.
- The Rank of the dog in the most intelligent dog in the world is 10th. It is available in a single coat colour, i.e. black.
- According to the American Kennel Club (AKC) ranking, the Kangal Dog ranked at 8th position.
- If training is not provided to the dog, it may harm the person and the owner.
- The average life span of the dog is 8-10 years.
History & Origin
The Kangal Dog has originated from the Country “Germany”. The Romans used these dogs as guard dogs and protected the livestock from predators. The dog breed was subsequently named after “Kangal Dog”, the town in the region. After World War II, the demand for the Kangal Dog initially increases and become very popular.
In the year 1931, the Kangal Dog was officially recognized by the American Kennel Club.
The Kangal Dog appears to be the most aggressive and dangerous dogs in the world & appears to be black with markings or dots with mahogany colour. The markings appear over the eyes, on the cheeks, on the chest, on the tail and legs. The Kangal Dog are medium to large-sized dog breeds and have a big head size.
The Kangal Dog has the most powerful jaw among other dogs in words. Even it is more powerful than the jaws of the lion. The Avg. height of the Kangal Dog is 61-69 cm (24-27 inches) & have an Avg. Weight of 50-60 Kgs.
The coats available in the Kangal Dog is Double Coat, Short Coat, Hard Coat & Thick Court.
Size & Color
Size includes the Height & Weight of the dog. The given table shows that the Height and weight of both Male & Female Kangal Dog breed.
|Male||24-27 inches||50-60 Kgs|
|Female||22-25 inches||35-48 Kgs|
Color available in Kangal Dog is Dun, Light Golden, Fawn Sable and Grey.
Kangal Dog common Health problems
- Cancer: This dog breed has a chance of getting cancer and mostly dies with this problem.
- Aortic Stenosis: This is a heart disease that is more common in dogs. Aortic Stenosis describes a narrowing in the aortic valve of the heart.
- Hip Dysplasia: This is a genetic disease in dogs, which refers to an abnormality of the hip joint that affects a lot of large breed dogs.
- Elbow Dysplasia: It is the most common in dogs, a Kangal dog may also affect by this. In this, there is a malformation of the elbow joint and because of this the bone and cartilages can be destroyed.
- Entropion: is an abnormality of the eyelids in which the eyelid rolls inward. This causes severe pain to the dogs.
- Ectropion: This is most common in street dogs, is an abnormality of the eyelids in which the lower eyelid rolls outward.
- Cruciate Ligament Rupture: In this, the knee joint becomes unstable which result in lameness and this may cause very weakness and develop arthritic disease, which is very painful.
- Osteochondritis dissecans (OCD): In this, the cartilages separates from the underlying bone.
Life-span of Kangal Dog
The average life span of the Kangal Dog breed is 8-10 years, which is considered a shorter life span than the other dog breed.
If a dog is well maintained and has good health, proper and timely vaccination & nutritional food, then automatically it may affect the dog’s lifespan, it may increase by 2-3 years.
Factors affecting the Life-span of Kangal Dog
- Timely/Regular check-ups and Vaccination: You should take your Kangal Dog to a certified Veterinary doctor for timely/regular check-ups and vaccination.
- Healthy/Quality Food: You should provide your Kangal Dog with healthy food rich in nutrients. A proper healthy/quality food will lead to a healthy life for your dog.
- Morning walk: You should take your Kangal Dog on a long morning walk which will lead to dog fitness & activeness.
Keep things in mind before raising a Kangal Dog
If training is not provided to the dog, it may harm any person and the owner, so please provide proper training to your Kangal Dog, as it is much necessary for this particular dog breed.
Provide your Kangal Dog with a proper nutritional food diet, as the dog’s diet is very much so provide the diet accordingly
If any guest, small children come to your home, please tie your Kangal Dog with a strong belt.
Make your dog socialize with other members and small children to become familiar with everyone in the family.
Don’t keep your dog in a crowded place.
Provide your dog with calcium bone from a pet shop. This will make dog canines and other teeth stronge
FAQ’s on: Kangal Dog Price in India
What is the price of Kangal dog price in India?
If you genuinely want to know the Kangal Dog price in India then you must see the above first paragraph of the article stating full information regarding Kangal price
Which Dog is the highest Price in India?
There are lots of dogs that can be bought at high prices, it’s been an honor to telling you that Kangal dog comes on this list. Like others too (saint Bernard, toy poodle, Golden Retriever, etc.)
Can Kangal Dog Survive in India?
Yes, Kangal Dog can survive in India as they are habitual for the hot weather. All you need to do take care of your Kangal Dog and do proper grooming on regular basis.
Can a Kangal Dog kill a Lion?
Absolutely no, Kangal dog cannot defeats as a Lion but there is a possibility to be as they are very active and hard to defeat. But most probability a Kangal Dog cannot compete with an adult Lion.
Conclusion: Kangal dog price in India
In, India there are lots of factors that directly effects the Kangal dog price in India. Whether you are looking from north to south or east to west, a perfect example is to go on google and search Kangal dog price in India and different states you will see a massive change in prices.
Somewhere as a user or proposed parents of a dog, very one is very curious about the pricing structure of Kangal in India. In India, Per capita income is very low compared to the northern countries (USA, Landon, etc.) So people take very importance to the prices of Kangal.
Let’s finally conclude the Kangal is a very good dog breed with excellent abilities to serve your family in an emergency condition. Having a puppy-like Kangal has been grateful things for the proposed parents of Kangal dog in India.
Use Full Links:-